Another notch on my running belt -- finished my first 10K on Saturday morning in the slush of Schenectady! Ran it with a work colleague who is training for a half marathon, but at about the 1.5 mile mark his sluggish training pace wasn't thrilling me, so off I went up the road. Second 5K was actually pretty fast! I typically run about a 9:30 mile when I'm just out jogging solo. Anywho, placed 17th in the 50-54 year-old division. No idea if there were 18 of us or 50! A good number of brave souls overall, though. I think they said about 500 runners. It was just above freezing at the starter's gun, but they did a good job of shoveling the course and while my sneakers got wet, the footing never felt precarious.Saturday, March 11, 2023
Electric City 10K
Another notch on my running belt -- finished my first 10K on Saturday morning in the slush of Schenectady! Ran it with a work colleague who is training for a half marathon, but at about the 1.5 mile mark his sluggish training pace wasn't thrilling me, so off I went up the road. Second 5K was actually pretty fast! I typically run about a 9:30 mile when I'm just out jogging solo. Anywho, placed 17th in the 50-54 year-old division. No idea if there were 18 of us or 50! A good number of brave souls overall, though. I think they said about 500 runners. It was just above freezing at the starter's gun, but they did a good job of shoveling the course and while my sneakers got wet, the footing never felt precarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations, not only for running the race but running the race in those conditions! Half marathon/marathon on the American Tobacco Trail next weekend if you want to visit again.
ReplyDeletethis was my first thought when I crossed the finish line: i can't imagine running more than double that distance! (13.1 miles or 21.1 km!)
ReplyDelete