Heavy emphasis on the old! Melissa Sharar, nee Hitchcock, lived next to us from 2001-2004 in our first purchased home at 43 Carriage Lane in Englishtown, N.J. She and her then husband, Brian, were very kind to me when Carey was overseas in Kuwait -- having me over for weekly dinners, inviting me to tag along on whatever they were doing on the weekend with their newborn daughter, Joelle, or their golden retriever, Elmer. Well, fast forward 18 years and Joelle is picking a college, I'm bald and Carey looks exactly the same! We met up with her in Schenectady where she was enjoying an "upstate weekend" with some NJ teacher/school administrator friends. Could have chatted for hours, but we also had tickets to the NHS musical "Mamma Mia!" Saturday night, so we had a drink and continued our evening. No photography allowed at the musical, alas, but I can report that the sets Greta helped paint were essential to the production! Impressive musical talent at our high school. I've always admired the courage artists possess that allows them to get on stage and perform like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment