Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Girards, before apres ski

I Googled it and can't find any French expression for "before ski." Avant ski? In any case, whatever comes before the skiing, and long before the apres ski, is what we enjoyed with my sister and her brood on Saturday night. We were treated to a rare collegiate Max sighting and enjoyed way too much Thai food. I then made the adults watch an NBA game while the kids did something on their phones that was louder than the usual "let's all just look at our phones in a communal setting." The phone photos stink, but at least it's visual evidence that we were all in one place, briefly.


I believe this was after Max told his parents he has a new side hustle at Hamilton -- signing up to be a subject in undergraduate psychology studies that get his name entered into raffles for various prizes, more than a few of which he has actually won.

Excellent lamp shade placement. I like to think Esme was taking the oath of office here.

1 comment:

  1. It's only because we're family that I trust you were together since the photos only show the Girards with nary a Merrill in sight.

    ReplyDelete