Monday, February 14, 2022

Super Day

Sure, I could have been in Inglewood, Calif., enjoying the 80 degrees and sunshine and a halftime act that made me feel 20 again, but I really enjoyed this Super Bowl Sunday from my couch. Phyllis came over to enjoy it with us. Carey cut a wheat wrap into triangles and sprinkled some salt on them before baking and Greta made guacamole to dip them into, and then Carey made a vegetable curry as the main entree. I second screened most of the first quarter, after signing up for a FanDuel Sportsbook account. Their sweetener for degenerates who opened new accounts was bet either team a max of $5 and they'd give you $280 in betting credit if you picked the winner. I picked the Rams, so now have $280 to blow on March Madness!  I also made $9.60 on a $5 Bengals bet with the +4.5 spread. (The Rams won by less than 4.5, so the bet was a winner.) Lost $20 on a couple goofy bets -- Joey B. didn't come through with a touchdown pass in the first quarter and nobody returned an interception for a touchdown. Phyllis bet $10 on whether there would be a safety. Great odds, because it happens so rarely. It really made the viewing experience even more enjoyable. And that's saying something for a guy who watches a lot of sports on television! Didn't really take any photos, just this one of Yeager relaxing on the couch in the second half.


No comments:

Post a Comment