I realize I'm running out of years to ever understand what half of this country is thinking and I'm worried that makes it impossible for us to ever find common ground on Really Big Issues, but I also know that the power of the bully pulpit in the White House is a very big deal. And so I think from now (well, Jan. 20, 2021) until 2024 this country is in a much better place. It will be a great relief to wake up and not feel like I need to doom scroll Twitter, at the very least. All of us here except Lincoln either cried yesterday or were on the verge. Greta took a shower just before 8pm and wore the top half of a pant suit as pajamas to celebrate Kamala breaking the glass ceiling. And Carey consumed four flutes of champagne between lunch and dinner, in addition to her 128 oz. of water! I would have toasted with her, but my dizziness was just starting to subside, so I was a good boy. Today (fingers crossed) it seems gone entirely, so maybe later this evening I'll toast to the future with a pint of pale ale.
Sunday, November 8, 2020
Thank you, 'Merica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment