Despite the title, this is not a post about the dog. He's still living his best life, as documented ad infinitum. This is a post about the rest of us. To wit:
Carey continues to work very hard for a job that doesn’t provide as much satisfaction of late. She has some proverbial irons in the fire, though, for a lateral move within the state that might have her practicing more fulfilling law without as much bureaucratic red tape. Here's hoping I didn't jinx it by putting it in writing. She deserves professional happiness. During our mini vacation at South Lake in July she injured her ribs and is still healing. Last weekend was her best yet as she got outside for the farmer's market, some weeding, and some stringing of lights on the back deck. She only wears this shirt on the weekends now and gets at least one compliment each Saturday.
Greta: Oddly happy to have a school assignment, annotating and writing short essays for AP World History. Almost finished with "The West Wing" on Netflix and the rest of the time reading or watching B-movies about kissing booths and young dancers down on their luck that Carey would love to watch with her but she has to work. That's not true -- she HATED both Kissing Booth movies. Not even sure she's seen the second one. She also likes to watch British people being critical about cooking, real estate, whatever. The state of being British qualifies you to be a curmudgeon, apparently.
Me: I saved the best for last. Yesterday I accepted a job offer to become the Director of Communications at the Public Employees Federation, New York's second-largest union with 52,000 members, many of whom, I should add, are those "true heroes" people like to create yard signs about -- nurses, hospital staff, corrections officers, etc. I start after Labor Day. Send the kids off for the start of their COVID education first. In other news, I painted our front door blue last weekend. Or, more specifically, spectral indigo. Something we can point to when the pandemic ends and say, "see, we used the time to improve our home."


Congrats on the job! How did Lincoln get the inside of the bagel?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new position. What made you decide to switch?
ReplyDeleteAlso, best of luck to Carey in finding something new.
Thanks, cousins! Ryan, as fun as working sports video production at UAlbany was, it was a job that someone right out of college could do, and the pay was commensurate with that fact. New gig has much more responsibility (read: more money), better benefits, and potential for advancement. I'll miss college athletics incredibly, but if they ever play again I'm invited to be part of their game day crew at a freelance rate. Matt, Linc says he just delicately picked away the crust from inside the bagel hole with his fingers.
ReplyDelete