Monday, July 6, 2020

Independence Weekend at South Lake


Drove in on Saturday, hung out with Mom and Dad for a few hours, then overnighted as a family and out after lunch on Sunday. Quick trip, but the weather cooperated, as did our fellow lake denizens. Fireworks ended right at 10. Quite a display from the boat launch campsite and our neighbors. I did not fly the drone during the fireworks, but promise to try it next year if we have a show! Did fly it a little earlier in the evening, but need to be out on the lake to get some really nice aerials. It doesn't have a zoom lens, so the higher you go (maximum is 400') the smaller things get! Anyway, a lovely first trip of the summer. Here's to many more.

My bald spot at 14'

Family drone portrait



A mermaid I found in the hammock!

This shot missed everything.

This shot went right in the corn hole.

This one, too. Younger Merrills win, 21-15.

I think I discovered a way to inspect the solar panels without climbing on the roof!




No comments:

Post a Comment