Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Drone!

Inaugural flight. Landed it right on top of that table! Call me Sully.
Almost a year after one of Carey's departing ITS colleagues (thanks again, JP, nobody's ever been so generous!) gifted it to the family, I finally read the instruction manual and watched a couple hours of YouTube tutorials to feel confident enough to fly our DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Turns out it emits an ultrasonic frequency that hurts Yeager's ears, so future flights will have to be done away from the dog, but I snapped a couple photos. The house one is at about 120' .... the law allows recreational flyers to go as high as 400'! I experimented a little with the "tracking" feature, but don't have a video to share yet. Basically the drone "locks on" to whatever you tell it to and follows that object at a pre-determined height. Could be super cool to have it track the boat at South Lake this summer!

Family and house "portrait" -- these will look super cool with fall foliage.
Linc and I on the High School playing fields.

4 comments:

  1. Be careful (I only say that after having watched Good Boys).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Lincoln is eager to watch that one, but I think 16 at least... along with the Deadpools...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool! Apparently drones are quite popular for real estate photos/videos now.

    ReplyDelete