Saturday, May 25, 2019

Update

A lot has happened since May 19...

Linc had his final choral concert of the year.



Greta went to a roller skating fundraiser for the Girl Scouts. She's about 7' tall on old-school, four-wheel skates.











That made her want to share the rolling joy with the rest of us. So first Linc tried his one-year-old roller blades on the mean streets of Nisky.

And then we went back to the roller rink on Tuesday night, but didn't take any photos worth sharing. I'll just say it's a lot more of an aerobic workout than it looks like. Or maybe I just need to do more aerobic workouts. Which I've been doing on a bike commute every third day or so, between the rain drops.



Somewhere in that time frame Carey also ran her fourth Workforce Challenge 5K with more than 10,000 fellow runners. She barely trained and still clocked a 38:40. The rest of us handed out water to the runners. It was a thankfully mild day, none of the sweltering heat from year's past.


Now it's Memorial Day weekend and we're relaxing at home for the duration. Carey has a touch of vertigo so is resting an awful lot while I do all the dishes and laundry. We were going to head to South Lake tomorrow, but it's probably best she not spend 2 hours on winding Adirondack roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment