Friday, December 14, 2018

More hoops

Home game No. 2 wasn't much better than home game No. 1 in terms of result, but Greta did see the floor more. Played 5-6 mins in regulation and all the extra session. Never got the ball in a position to shoot, but continued to hustle, set great screens -- even one the ref whistled as "illegal!" -- and rebound. We are hosting a team dinner next Tuesday and when thinking about things to do while the adults prep the tacos, Greta said they should play Foosball and Pop-a-Shot in the basement. "Daddy, these girls are soooo competitive!" It's a brave new world for our daughter. I'm very proud of her for taking a risk and getting to know a new group of girls. Scarily, when I told her how proud I am, she used the adjective "well-rounded," thinking ahead to college admissions. Sigh.

"I got 32!"
Not lying -- she makes most of them in warm ups!
Ain't no substitute for height!



Don't think this was a block, though it looks like one. I think just a fight for the rebound. I don't think she gets credit for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment