Thursday, October 11, 2018

Almost a score...

As in, four score and seven years ago. One more year until a score, that's what I'm saying.

I got home yesterday afternoon and wanted a drink out of the fridge, but was met with a post-it note saying something to the effect of, "Mommy or Daddy, don't open before talking to Greta." Turns out she was keeping a gluten-free cookie "cake" inside, decorated with bananas spelling out 19, the number of years her mother and I have been locked in eternal bliss. It was, quite literally, a sweet surprise. Before the cake, we enjoyed takeout Thai food and then headed off to Back to School night for Lincoln, where he was recognized by his social studies teacher as the first boy Student of the Month! Way to go, kid! We thank you both for making us parents. Here's to at least two score more.

No comments:

Post a Comment