Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sasha Merrill, 1996-2014

Although I'd prefer to let it go unnoticed (most of you who read this blog have heard me rail against our pet-but-not-a-pet Sasha), I'll record the fact that she was euthanized on Monday.


It was Carey's decision after six months of cleaning up her incontinence twice a day. I tried to give her grief about it. You know, when I'm wearing Depends, will she put me down? But in the end she made the right choice and did it all with lots of respect, teaching the kids a lesson about the value of all life. 

So we now have our first pet grave in the backyard. About three feet below the mulch, Sasha lies snuggled in a cat bed she would have received on Christmas. We had a little funeral on Monday with Carey, Greta and her friend Emma saying a few words. Then we went inside and had brownies. 

RIP, Sasha. I never knew you, but Carey and the kids have convinced me you were precious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment