Thursday, October 2, 2014

I do believe we're raising a writer

Greta filled a spiral-bound page tonight before bed with this:

Cats are magic. Real magic, not fairy magic. But magic. Cats will calm you. If you look into their eyes, you will see wisdom beyond this world. The same way if you look into a human's eyes you will see trouble and confusion and hope. Cat eyes will make you feel calm and secure. There's something in those black and green depths that no one can see, only feel. When I look in to my cat's eyes, I'm reminded of very happy memories. Look closely in their eyes and believe. That's all I can do. The rest is up to you.

I may never write the novel my parents are convinced is in me waiting to simply spill on to the page, but Greta might. Before she's 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment