Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stay-@-home Dad

A little taste today of what it will be like when the AP finally lays me off. The kids' teachers had some mandatory training today, so I got to be Mr. Mom. Greta insisted on making breakfast -- cereal and toast -- and then we acted out Pokemon battles for about an hour. At 9, it was off to Target to buy all the things we mysteriously run out of when weeks start -- like Eggo waffles and hand soap and dishwasher tabs. From Target it was over to Taylor Park in Millburn, where the following video was created by Greta and Lincoln using my iPhone. They love the feature that allows them to see themselves as they record. Carey and I both love Greta's narration. She seemed honored when I suggested that she should talk directly to the camera.



After the park, it was off to Dr. Cardwell's for their two-month overdue school physicals. Happy to report both are in excellent health. Greta near the top of the height curve, Lincoln near the bottom of the weight curve, but the doc says not to be alarmed by either trend. More alarming were the flu shots they had to endure. Lincoln pitched a fit, but I held his legs between my knees and wrapped up his arms and it was over before he could cry too much.

All in all a lovely day. If I had a million dollars...

No comments:

Post a Comment