Thursday, September 6, 2012

Away they go!






It's official: both summer and daycare days are OVER!  Lincoln and Greta boarded the bus this morning bound for kindergarten and second grade.  They were (mostly) all smiles--I was the one holding back tears.  Wasn't First Grade for Greta just yesterday?? And remember our first foray into Kindergarten?? Time doesn't fly, it zooms!

As for the morning, it went great.  Lincoln put on a brave face and was pretty confident.  His courage was bolstered, I think, by having dropped supplies off with Grandma and Grandpa Merrill yesterday:


He had the chance to check out his classroom, was delighted to recognize a friend from summer camp, and learned that best buddy Charlotte's classroom is right next door.



Greta was all business this morning, and Lincoln followed her lead.  They were up, dressed, fed, brushed, and out the door in 26 minutes!  We had plenty of time for pictures (via phone and finally with the SLR--thanks for fixing the camera, Jerry, and serving as our photographer!!).  I was delighted that Lincoln didn't pout or try to hide. 

Silly Sister (Tolerant Brother):



When Lincoln's courage began to falter, Greta swooped in with a hug:

We missed you Daddy, but there are lots of school days still to come!!


 They walked to the corner bus stop with grins and giggles:






Greta waited for the (8-minute late) bus by wiggling another loose tooth...



Then she served as bus lookout, "HERE IT COMES!"




On the bus, Greta "let" Lincoln sit with her, and friend Derek joined them.  I raced back to my car and sped up to the Annex, where I found Lincoln heading into school with best buddy, Charlotte:


Lincoln had barely walked in the door when the parents were ushered out to meet the principal.  I felt terrible for forgetting his kissing hand, but turns out he didn't need one.  He pulled out his chair, sat down, took a deep breath, and gave me a quick nod from across the room, while I blew him a kiss and choked back tears.  Way to go, Big Kid!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great first day in Kindergarten Lincoln! You look very handsome and proud in your photos.

    ReplyDelete