Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lincoln's first play date

Outside of frequent visits with the Baileys and Haydens, Lincoln hasn't had a bona fide play date with a classmate. Until today. Lucas Mullen and his mom, dad and younger sister came over for Carey's famous chili and some Hot Wheels Track Attack Wii action. Lincoln himself set up the play date, telling me on Friday that the only thing on his agenda this weekend was to show Lucas his driving game. That he did, graciously telling Lucas he "did a good job" in their 3-lap match-up that Lincoln won easily. When I volunteered to change the track, Lincoln whispered in my ear, "No, Daddy, I ALWAYS win that one." So it seems he was conscious of not being a boastful host, at least.

Naturally, I didn't get any good action shots. Just this crappy one of Lucas, Lincoln and Lucas' sister Amalia enjoying Carey's chocolate mini-cupcakes with vanilla frosting and red sugar sprinkles.


No comments:

Post a Comment