Saturday, May 15, 2010

First annual movie night

Merrilly Yours started a new tradition Friday night -- the First Annual Movie Night. We picked the kids up at school around 545 and slowly pushed the stroller up the hill, stopping at Blockbuster and Pirates Pizza. Each was allowed to pick a movie. Greta's choice: Barbie Diamond Castle. Lincoln's: Diego's Underwater Mystery. We took them to the counter and prepared to pay 99 cents each (last month's price for kids' flicks), at which time the clerk told us all movies are now $5 for 5 nights. New release, 10 years old, Avatar or Barbie. In an indignant tone, Carey told him a few different reasons why that was ridiculous and the poor manager handed us the movies and said they were free tonight. I've never been prouder.

I made popcorn sprinkled with chocolate chips and the kids snuggled up with mom for the first feature -- Diego -- downstairs on the couch.


20 minutes and a thorough teeth brushing later, the party movie upstairs with Barbie on the laptop.


90 minutes after this shot was taken, all 3 of them were passed out on the bed. I didn't want to disrupt their sleep with a photo. Plus, I was busy watching the Flyers come back from a 3-0 series and Game 7 deficit against the Bruins. Small solace for the 2004 ALCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment