Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Auto-play
We're as guilty as any modern parents of over-stimulating our kids. So lately I've been conducting an experiment in the morning when the kids wake up earlier than roosters. Rather than plop them in front of the TV while I rush to make breakfast, I've started telling them to "play something with each other" while I hop in the shower. They protested at first, preferring the passive television experience, but three days into it, they're getting creative. This morning, Lincoln was already dressed (dirty diapers make that easier) and Greta was moaning about not having anything fancy to wear. I left them to it and went to the bathroom. When I came out to get dressed, Lincoln was on our bedroom floor, curled up with his blanket, still dressed, but with pink slippers on his feet instead of the socks I had put on him. Greta was on our bed, saying, "Go to sleep, baby! It's night-night time." Lincoln would get up, run down the hall, and Greta would chase him. "I said go to sleep, baby!" And Lincoln would drop to the floor again, sucking his fingers. It just went on from there, Greta giving orders, Lincoln feigning disobedience before obeying. No photo, just a story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment