Saturday, October 10, 2009

First decade

Carey may be impressed by 1,000+ posts in this blog, but that's nothing compared to 3,650+ days as husband and wife! We spent part of the morning watching a VHS tape of our wedding day. Lincoln lost interest after about 10 minutes and played with Elmo stamps. Once Greta saw Carey's dress, she wanted us to fast forward to our first dance. But we stuck it out and made them listen to this:

I will make my home in your heart from this day forward.
Carey, you are my closest friend.
I ask for nothing more from life than that I may live mine with you.
I promise to stand by your side forever -- through laughter and tears, when weak or strong.
I pledge to you my trust, my faith, my loyalty and my never-ending love.
You are my confidant, my soulmate, the one I adore.
Publicly and without hesitation, I commit myself to you.

Thank you, my sweet, for living those vows with me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Ten years already? I'm getting old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, heartfelt words! A belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND MANY, MANY MORE!

    Love,
    AK

    ReplyDelete