Monday, January 12, 2009

The green-eyed monster

Lincoln's friend, Charlotte, spent a few hours at our house this morning while her mom helped at sister Emma's preschool. She and Lincoln played well until Charlotte's tumble and tears required some TLC from me. Then I saw a side I've never seen from Linc before: jealousy.

He started crying, "MAMA, MAMA, MAMA!!!!!" clinging to my leg, trying to scale it, grasping at Charlotte's feet to pull her out of my hugging arms. "Mama, mama" (whimpering now). I reached down and ruffled his hair. "It's okay Linc, Charlotte just needs some loving." I kept her cuddled close and squatted down to include him in our hug. He reached up and patted her on the back. Then Greta came over and did the same. Suddenly I am embracing, and being embraced by, all three kids. Really sorry she took a tumble, but also, um, not so much.

Anyway, here are some pics from our morning.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God the Jeter jersey brings a faint whiff of testosterone to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Esme about Lincoln wearing a tutu and fairy wings and she said "Silly Lincoln!" She suggested that perhaps he should be the prince or a king, or a scary dragon or a nice dragon.

    ReplyDelete