Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Trimmed tree

I meant to blog about it on Nov. 28 when it happened, but we had too many other stories to share and now I'm only half paying attention as I write. We're watching Mad Men, Season 1, episode 3 and it's as good as the critics say it is.

But I digress... this was the first time in our married lives we'd ever put up a tree before December. Fraser fir, 6 ft., shaped like a perfect cone. $19.97 at Lowe's. Mommy strung most of the lights while Greta put up what she calls the "activity" scene. More about the lamb's adventures with baby Jesus in a future post. Lincoln slept for the first half of the festivities, then enjoyed pulling all the low-hanging bulbs off the branches and exclaiming, "ball."

As of this writing, ornament casualties include a hand-painted blown egg from Prague, an ostrich that graced Carey's first tree, a plastic horse in a carousel, a small mirror ball gifted to AP Entertainment from the ABC Family Network, and a homemade wooden something-or-other that Greta made at daycare. By Christmas week, we will have ornaments ringing only the top third of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment