Wednesday, December 10, 2008
New toy
Christmas came early for me this year. And you, constant readers, will be the beneficiary. Sunday, I found myself in a going-out-of-business Circuit City store when what should I spy in their photography display case? Why, the camera model that I've drooled over since our French friend Roger visited and my cousin Ryan bought one! Long story short, I'm now the proud owner of a Canon XSi and am learning all of its tricks. So far, I love its resolution on close-ups, something I've noticed one of my other SLR-owning and baby blogging friends -- Dan -- enjoys. More awesome photos throughout the holiday season, promise.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how much did it cost? I hate my camera (as you can probably tell from how often I manage to post a photo to the blog...)
ReplyDeleteThat's my boy. Now if you would like to try some oil paints.
ReplyDelete$650 ... gulp! Costco has a good deal at the moment where they throw in a longer lens and a camera bag for about $800. Still, it's a luxury item, for sure. Probably one we couldn't afford, but aren't we supposed to spend our way out of a recession?
ReplyDeletecount me out then. Santa is crying poor mouth this season :)
ReplyDeleteRob, it's worth it (your money, that is) to have photos with such clarity and natural eyes. If anyone deserves a really good camera, it is you and Carey, as you document your and your children's lives for our enjoyment as well as yours.
ReplyDelete