"Do you think daddy's kissing hand is singing 'Greta loves you' to him?" she asked me. "Just like yours sings 'daddy loves you' to you," I assured her. And with that, she rolled over in her bed, with her hand against her face, and didn't make a peep until 7:30 this morning...at which time, her first words to me were, "I miss daddy." Me too, sweetie, me too.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Thank God for Audrey Penn
Rob's departure yesterday was particularly tough on Greta. She worried about where he would sleep, what he would eat, and whether he would know how much she missed him. I tried to lighten her mood with backyard sprinkler and pool fun, but, as you can see in this post-play pic, she remained forlorn.
Bedtime came, and she refused to go to sleep. She reminded me that since it was Sunday, daddy was supposed to help tuck her in. Fortunately, I remembered that Rob had shared a kissing hand with her before he left. I reminded her, and she immediately pressed her hand to her cheek.
"Do you think daddy's kissing hand is singing 'Greta loves you' to him?" she asked me. "Just like yours sings 'daddy loves you' to you," I assured her. And with that, she rolled over in her bed, with her hand against her face, and didn't make a peep until 7:30 this morning...at which time, her first words to me were, "I miss daddy." Me too, sweetie, me too.
"Do you think daddy's kissing hand is singing 'Greta loves you' to him?" she asked me. "Just like yours sings 'daddy loves you' to you," I assured her. And with that, she rolled over in her bed, with her hand against her face, and didn't make a peep until 7:30 this morning...at which time, her first words to me were, "I miss daddy." Me too, sweetie, me too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwwwwwwwww.... I'm speechless.
ReplyDeleteI miss you too, sweet little Greta.