Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Summer concert series
We attended our first South Orange Summer Outdoor Concert this evening, held on the town's version of Strawberry Fields. Red Molly, a trio of female Jersey musicians, were the featured act. Think Shawn Colvin with a touch of the Indigo Girls. Carey fed and bathed the kids while I caught a 715 train out of the city. They were all settled on a blanket by the time I arrived. Greta ran to greet me on my bicycle.
That's our friend Drew behind Lincoln and looking at the camera. He's Duncan's Dad. When I tucked Greta in tonight, she asked me if I knew Drew. I said, yes, he's Duncan's Dad. And she said, he's nice. I said, of course he's nice. And she said: He doesn't steal bikes. True story. In honor of it, here's a shot of the honest-to-goodness McVety family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment