Thursday, November 16, 2006

Clean up, clean up, everybody clean up!

Lately when I drop Greta off at daycare, the ladies feels the need to tell me a story. Maybe it's because they know Carey is soon heading overseas and I'll be the primary caregiver. In any case, I find it amusing and as all who know me know, I like to be "in the know."

Today Miss Nancy offered, unsolicited, that Greta is the only kid who likes to clean up the room when they are done playing in a certain area. All the ladies make a big show of asking, "Who wants to help clean up?" While the other kids become suddenly interested in their shoe laces or the foam ducks, Greta proudly declares, "Gre-ta!" and starts picking up the puzzle pieces or the stuffed animals or whatever is strewn about the floor. I told the ladies that's because we sing the "Clean Up" song at home, and because her Daddy, NOT her Mommy, is fastidious to a fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment