Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nona's Visit

A few weeks ago, I asked my mom if her work schedule would permit a trip to Virginia to help with Greta. Originally, I was supposed to be in Oklahoma City from Tuesday until Friday night of this week for a settlement conference and trial preparation, and Rob was going to be in NY/NJ Monday - Wednesday. She readily agreed, and didn't even have to use vacation time! Then Rob's plans changed, so he was only gone until Tuesday night, and last Friday, I won my case in OKC, so my travel was not necessary. But with a non-refundable ticket already purchased, and with my Mom in need of a vacation, the plans for a week with Grandma Vickie stayed as scheduled.

Thus, "Nona" is here and Greta is loving every minute of her visit. From daily trips to the playground, where the slides and tunnel are current favorites, to a nice (but windy!) outing to Cox's Farm, Grandma Vickie and Greta have giggled their days away. Add in some long walks to feed the ducks, hide-and-seek around the house, and cooking lessons (yummy apple crisp and banana muffins), and there is no doubt as to why Greta has slept soundly through the nights!

I am on leave this afternoon and tomorrow, and look forward to some girlie time. A trip to the National Zoo is on this afternoon's agenda once Little Miss G wakes up from her nap, and we might have another playdate with Sadie and Imogen tomorrow. I'll post a link to a slideshow of us at play later...having problems uploading pictures to Blogger right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment