Saturday, October 28, 2006

Greta's new digs

I made the mistake of going to work yesterday. You know, providing for my family? When I came home (after a lovely adult dinner out with Dudley & Jen -- Acadiana -- yum!), I came home to my new living/dining room:


It's not horrible, except for the fact that when you're eating, you're about 5 feet from the TV, and everything you prepare in the kitchen now must be carried into another room and served. But I can live with it.

What I can't abide is Greta's new playroom, which accounts for, oh, 1/3 of our downstairs living space:

Positive: Our expensive, custom-cut rug is exposed and can be better appreciated. Negatives: The ring of toys and containers for toys that line the entire room; the -- gasp! -- Cinderella/Snow White/Belle kid's table, that is, yes, purple and pink; the bookshelf you can't see (off the left corner of the image) stuffed with such conversational classics as "The Eensy-Weensy Spider," "Eyes, Nose, Fingers, and Toes," "The Very Lazy Ladybug," and "Who Took the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?"

Don't read me wrong. I love my daughter and would jump in front of a bus for her. But I never wanted to be one of those parents who completely loses their sense of place just so their child can throw various plastic toys and books all over the floor.

All that said, I've lost the argument already, as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment