Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Daddy brain"

Carey often uses the expression "Mommy brain" to explain why she can't remember something simple and fundamental anymore, like my favorite condiment. (It's mustard.) Stuff has been pushed out of her cerebral cortex to make room for things like, "Greta likes it when you put a bowl on your head," or "Greta always gets a snack like a biter biscuit after a good meal."

I, of course, think my wife has simply lost it.

Until today.

At 1 p.m. I got up from my desk at work to go to the bathroom. Obviously, earlier in the day I had already gotten dressed, dropped Greta off at daycare, drove to work, etc. I walk through the newsroom, down the hall, and push open the bathroom door. It's a reflex of mine to look down at the floor as I enter bathrooms, not sure why. Fear of puddles, maybe. Anyway, this is what I see:


Daddy brain, it's a scientific fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment