Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Feline friendship

Like all parents, we were worried that our cat, Jinx, would not take well to a new baby. I'm the Worrier-in-Chief in the family and was convinced that Jinx would defecate outside the nursery, urinate on her clothes, maybe even suffocate her while she slept in the crib. So we installed a screen door on the nursery, giving it that barnyard feel. Carey even bought netting for the crib, but it made Greta look like she was trying to avoid mosquitoes in the Amazonian jungle.

Well, as you can see, our fears were completely unfounded. Jinx is, quite possibly, Greta's first friend. He lets her tug on his hair, chase him around the house, and even shares his cat perch. I suspect as Greta gets more mobile he'll run away and hide more often, but for now, he is indeed Baby's Best Friend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Greta, Greta, Greta. Ask Mommy what is the proper way to carry your kitty?. If she remembers correctly, first you put on your Daddy's shoes, then you grab the kitty around the neck and drag him as you walk. Since you are not quite ambulatory independently, I'd give him a couple months respite before I tackle him.Just don't let him know you can do this, sneak upon him and grab Jinx from the back, he'll be so surprised he won't move and he will be all yours to dust the floor with. Your Mommy did this a lot.

    ReplyDelete