Sunday, March 26, 2006

12 hours with Greta

Everybody always asks my Mom & Dad: "How was Greta's day?" I tell them they should just say, "fine," but they constantly elaborate. "Oh, she was fussy all day." "She didn't eat well." "All she wanted to do was be walked around the house." Or my favorite: "She was an angel."

Anyway, my Daddy had an idea: What if he took a photo of me every hour, on the hour, from when I woke up to when I went to bed? That's the inspiration behind this pictorial. As with most inspirations, it was greater in the imagination than in reality.

Enjoy!



0600 & 0700: Having fed the cat, we feed ourselves. Daddy was too busy playing with me to take another photo at 0700, so you'll just have to imagine us rolling around on my play mat, discovering each one of my toys as if it was the first time I'd ever seen them.


0800: Hey, neat! Mommy decided to wake up! (OK, she was up with me from 1-3 a.m. when I fussed for an hour and then whispered sweet nothings in her ear while rolling on a fleece blanket on my bedroom floor.)


0900: On our way out the door to the bagel shop. It is sooo weird not being carried around in that infant car seat.


1000: Driving home from the bagel shop. I started to fuss, so they corked me with this pacifier. I'm on to them, though. I just chew on it. Why suck on tasteless plastic?


1100: Nap #1, post-breakfast and after a 4 oz. bottle. I like to cover my face when I sleep. It worries Mommy & Daddy, which is why I do it.


1200: Daddy heard me make a noise in my crib. I wasn't waking up, I just wanted to see what it would feel like to bang my head against the wooden slats. It was nice. Knocked me out for another hour.


1300: Not quite awake from my nap, but Daddy insisted on maintaining our hourly photo schedule.


1400: A late lunch of squash, peaches and bread. Some of which actually got in my mouth.


1500: I fell asleep on the drive to Jay's house, so Mommy & Daddy let me finish my nap in my car seat. (Yes, Mommy waited in the car with me.)


1600: Watching Jay crawl while taking a break from my walking practice.


1700: Holding hands with the little man who shares my birthday, Jay Leonard Humphreys.


1800: Starting to get cranky, and it doesn't help that Jinx is in my bag.

1900: I was sound asleep by 1915, having missed my afternoon nap. Mommy & Daddy were too tired to snap another picture after bath, bottle, books and bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment