Friday, July 31, 2026

Seattle 2026


Wow! It’s been a while since I’ve posted! In July, I went to Seattle to visit Olivia. My SECOND time on the West Coast ever and Seattle certainly ranks above San Diego. 

I landed a day before Ella, so Olivia and I spent that first day exploring several coffee shops, bookstores, and went for a (deceptively long) hike through Discovery Park.  

one of the bookstores had cats! 

i love west coast plants!

Bear <3

The next day, we picked Ella up from the airport and headed to Olivia’s cabin! The trip had many rest stops, including Red Bull lemonades, Snoqualmie Falls, diving dog shows, and fried green beans. Final bean verdict (sorry, Olivia): they are good in the way that all fried foods are good but one wonders if green beans really add anything. 

We filled our time at the cabin with delicious meals, freezing cold river tubing, a glacial lake (everyone swam!), and general merriment. 

On Monday, we headed back to the city for the Team USA World Cup match against Belgium. After checking out Pike Place and enjoying Seattle’s relaxed open container laws, we ended up at a watch party on an apartment roof overlooking the stadium (thanks, Josie!). It was a sad loss, but listening to Ella politely correct men about everything soccer-related will never get old. Post-game tacos and drinks for Josie’s 21st helped too. 


Olivia and the gum wall

We weren’t missing a second

For my last day we visited the Museum of Flight, took a ferry to Bainbridge Island, saw the Space Needle, and had a lovely dinner with Olivia’s parents. Sad to say goodbye to Olivia and Ella, but I can’t wait to host them in the Adirondacks the week of Aug. 10! 



So long, Seattle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment