Sunday, February 23, 2025

Southbound and down

Sara and I are in Cary, N.C., and its environs this weekend, catching up with family and laying to rest Uncle Carl's wife, Pat. Yesterday was the funeral service and then a family get together with the McMahons at The Happy Gilmores' manse. Today it's an even wider family gathering in Holly Springs, N.C., where some of my other cousins live. Readers unrelated to me may not know that two of my cousins on opposite sides of the family married each other, lo these many years ago! We actually introduced them one weekend -- in the 80's? -- in Rodman. Would that I was blogging back then to remember it all!

Anyway, it's been a lovely time, as always. These are good people who we probably should have spent more time with throughout the 90s and 00s and 10s. But I think we're realizing as our nests empty and retirement looms within a decade that our golden years will be much more enjoyable if we make that a priority. 

So here's to more together time in the years ahead. I haven't taken many photos. Nice one of Sara and I at the post-funeral reception yesterday (fantastic Wegman's catering--thanks, Uncle Carl!) and Ryan, Matthew and I after a run this morning. They humored me and plodded along on the American Tobacco Trail.



No comments:

Post a Comment