Monday, January 27, 2025

Life Lately

Hello loyal readers! Because Grandma and Grandpa are sad when there's no blog update to accompany their morning coffee, I thought I'd share some snap shots from the past few weeks of college. Crazy to think that I've been back for three weeks already.  

Recruitment was a blur, but also lots of fun. I met some lovely freshman, finally learned the names of everyone in my chapter, and had a great time painting the "all roads lead to Sigma Kappa" banner (see left). 










MLK Weekend saw my friend Hannah and I volunteering at Rock Creek Park to remove invasive species. The rest of the AU group got lost on the way, but we had a great time meeting other participants from the community and getting their LinkedIns. 


We celebrated the end of the first "real" week of classes (sylli-week doesn't count) with late-night nachos and chai from Tryst in Adams Morgan (you can discuss your thoughts on the combination in the comments, but I thought it was great). The bus ride back led to some wonderful 0.5s of Ella and Hannah (pictured below).                  
Saturday morning saw me waking up nice and early for a 7-10am shift. This was my view as I got ready:



That afternoon after 2.5 hours of Amerimunc (Model UN) prep (2,000 high schoolers will descend upon AU this Friday for a 3-day conference. 42 of them will be in my committee), Olivia and I went to a friend's party before picking up Dominos and hosting a Tick Tick Boom screening in the dorm. 

This picture doesn't show the extent of how cold our hands were, but it was worth it for the actual outdoor grilled hotdogs. 

That's all for now! I'll post again in hmmm... let's say another month.😀

1 comment: