Friday, November 15, 2024

Garbage dog

I love him and will shed a tear when he ambles over the rainbow bridge, but Yeager in his dotage is an unrepentant trash eater. Doesn't matter if it's a slab of turkey smothered in gravy, a squirrel skull in the woods, or a tasteless piece of paper. This week, he actually jumped up to grab a notebook off our dining room table and then proceeded to tear out and eat all the pages. What was on those pages, you ask? Oh, just Carey's work-related computer passwords! (I know, I know, shame on our resident risk mitigation attorney for writing them down.) We are tempted to give him an extra cup of dog food daily to try and curb his relentless appetite, but I think that would just quickly lead to weight gain and hasten his demise. Fair warning to our house guests over Thanksgiving -- if you want to preserve anything, zip it up in your suitcase and close the bedroom door!


No comments:

Post a Comment