Saturday, November 4, 2023

Spikevaxxed!


Carey and Lincoln both got double shots yesterday, Covid + flu, and both have a serious case of the blahs today. I left them to their own devices for 7 hours as I biked to and from UAlbany for a 1pm football game. Linc says Mom watched 6 episodes of "The Great British Baking Show" while he dozed and watched some anime series on YouTube. The best part? I'm home now and alone in the basement with the 65" TV and the late college football games!

This morning, Yeager and I had a lovely walk at Garnsey Park, where we saw a real Blue Jay. It made Yeager feel better after this embarrassment was forced upon him last night when Carey walked past a Halloween discount bin at Walmart.

2 comments:

  1. I know how they feel. The Covid shot affects me for a couple of days. Hope they are doing better today. How long a ride is it from your place to the University? Are you not sweaty after the ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 30 miles roundtrip. About 60% bike trail though, so not super strenuous. I sit in a control room where the employees all wear UAlbany Under Armour gear, so being slightly disheveled and/or flushed is not a demerit!

    ReplyDelete