We spent the first half of Niskayuna High School's spring break week touring three citadels of higher learning in the NYC area: Columbia, NYU and Hosftra. I was not on the Columbia tour, but am told it was the best of the bunch. I was pretty blown away by all the perks at Hofstra -- from the dining options to the study spaces to the classrooms. For someone who graduated college in 1994, it all looks like a well-appointed summer camp, where every need of the students is met and the goal is to make them constantly comfortable. I'm sure that is the perception they're going for given the audience as well. Lots of parents on these tours considering whether it's worth $300,000 to send their kids there! Anyway, some photos:
 |
Under the famous NYU arch with Duncan McVety, whose mom graciously allowed us to stay at her place in Washington Heights. He's also a junior and looking at colleges.
|
 |
Lincoln and I checked out the Harry Potter World of Wizarding store on East 22nd St. while Carey, Greta and Duncan visited the Tenement Museum.
|
 |
During the Columbia tour, Lincoln, Rex and I wandered around Central Park.
|
 |
One of our goals in Central Park was to find the sugared nuts that Lincoln remembered fondly from previous Big Apple visits.
|
 |
While everyone else went to see The Little Prince on Broadway, Linc and I enjoyed a doubleheader at Citi Field -- the Mets beat the Giants, twice! We got fabulous seats, about 12 rows from the field on the 1st base side, though this photo reversed the angle.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment