Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Mr. Iced Coffee

Since I gave up Diet Coke a year or so ago and since I never acquired much of a taste for hot drinks, iced coffee is my caffeine-distribution vehicle of choice at this point. That usually means $4-5 per day at Starbucks or Dunkin' or Stewart's, but with an eye toward tuition bills, Carey is out to change that. Enter Mr. Iced Coffee under the Christmas tree. It's a little bit of a process, but thankfully she has always loved taking care of me, so I think once we're back in the workday routine she'll probably set me up each morning with a glass. The machine works with a very concentrated scoop of ground coffee, and then the tumbler has an etched line on it showing you how far to fill it up with ice. Since coffee grounds apparently only perform their magic in hot water, most of the ice melts by the time the drink brews, so you top it with more ice and wait a few minutes before serving. The roasted flavor is good though. Not as watered down as Dunkin', and better than Stewart's, for sure. Starbucks is still the Apple of the coffee business, but perhaps we'll save those for weekend treats.

2 comments:

  1. We have a Starbucks two minutes from our house so our Starbucks allowance has seen a bit of an increase with the remote work situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. There is a Dunkin' and a Starbucks less than a football field away from my office. I figure it's my one vice left, so they get at least $20 of my hard-earned cash each week.

    ReplyDelete