Monday, July 26, 2021

Only child week

A little taste of what it would have been like with just one child, not the two perfect young people who reside with us. Greta is at Clarkson, where Carey left her on Sunday lounging in her suite (with a private bath!) 

This is her third year at their so-called Horizons summer camp and we've noticed the supporting materials are taking on much more of a "please consider Clarkson for your future collegiate needs" tone. There are just 16-17 girls in attendance this week. I prefer to think that's because of increased selectivity, not a pandemic that won't quit. I was a little discouraged that they aren't mandating vaccinations, just a negative COVID test in the last 72 hours, but Greta will mask up around others when indoors and I'm sure all will be well. Carey picks her up on Friday, when I'll be in Maine for my tenth annual long weekend with my friend Gardner. A couple nice bike rides on the agenda in the Portland area, as well as a kayak tour of Casco Bay. Can't wait!

Until then, we enjoy the hours we have with only Lincoln. Got him out of the house for dinner Sunday night and heard more about his life in 90 minutes than we have since school got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment