Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Gamblers Anonymous

Not so anonymous anymore, I guess. I've taken to buying the kids the occasional scratch-off lottery ticket when I stop at the corner store at the end of our block for sundries. "$1,000 a week for life!" reads the large print. "Odds of winning are greater than you walking on Mars," reads the small. But it turns out the kids are lucky charms! We invariably win $1, sometimes $2, at least a free ticket to feed the addiction. And THEN, last Friday night on the drive north to Syracuse we stopped at Friendly's in Throop, PA, for dinner. The local ARC was having a raffle and Carey bought $10 worth of tickets that the kids could drop into gift baskets of their choice. Guess who won?!?


There were more than 20 tickets in the basket. She waited until the following morning to scratch them all off, so we had fun dreaming for 12 hours about what we'd do with all those millions. The final tally: One $2 winner, one free ticket, and one ... wait for it ... $50 winner! So we spent $10 and earned $53. I'm pricing Vegas flights for Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment