Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sometimes famous people die....

...and my life gets hijacked for awhile. But moments like this keep me looking forward and appreciating everything I have.

Readers who aren't that social media savvy may appreciate this tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman, which also puts things in perspective. Shame his three kids weren't enough to drown out the demons. I talked to him four times in the last few years - about his roles in "Pirate Radio," "Synecdoche," Jack Goes Boating" and "The Master." He was very interested in the craft of acting. An Ac-tor, two syllables. Could talk endlessly about what it took to embody someone else, but never wanted to share much beyond his work. I guess it's kind of obvious now why. 

Anyway, I don't have anything more profound to offer than it's a shame he's gone at 46. Says the 42-year-old with an awful lot to live for.

1 comment:

  1. Rob, that was a beautiful article about Hoffman. Thank you for sharing it.

    AK

    ReplyDelete