Sunday, July 21, 2013

DC trip

We're back home after a little mini-vacay in the nation's capital and parts south. Visited the National Aquarium in Baltimore on Thursday, then on to Falls Church that evening.

Gardner and I then left our families on Friday morning, for a 1.5 day bike trip to Harrisonburg, Va., home of James Madison University and very near the George Washington National Forest. Rode a fantastic trail called the North River Gorge on Friday and an urban bike park called Rocktown on Saturday. No pictures of the fun as I didn't bring a camera for fear of breaking it. We didn't break any bones though, so it was a good trip.

Meanwhile, back in Washington, Carey and our kids and Alli and her kids visited the Natural History Museum, took in a ballet show at Wolf Trap, and enjoyed some pool time. This morning we had breakfast with Aunt Kathy in Arlington before driving home. Carey took a few shots with her iPhone and I share them here without comment.












No comments:

Post a Comment