We spent 5 hours of our Easter driving home from Portsmouth, N.H., but all that time behind the wheel was well worth it. After about 600 miles round trip, heading into the home stretch following a pit stop at a Starbucks in Greenwich, Conn, we pull out of the parking spot, turn on the Garmin and Lincoln says from the back seat:
"Drive point-2 miles, take a left, and kill yourself."
Some parents might worry about their child saying something so extreme, but I don't think I've laughed harder at anything he's said since birth.
As for the trip...
None of it really happened because I FORGOT MY CAMERA. I almost spent $200 on a point and shoot but you all know how spendthrift I am. Carey took 75 Blackberry photos instead. Here are the 20 best.
 |
| Trying on South American masks at the Children's Museum in Dover, N.H. |
 |
| Favorite exhibit at the museum -- weave your own beaver dam |
 |
| Crab Art outside. |
 |
| There's a "lobstah" in the clouds -- can you see it? |
 |
| @ the beach in Rye, N.H. |
 |
| Introducing Celia Rae Reid, 6 1/2 months of age |
 |
| Goofing around while putting away clothes in the hotel dresser. |
 |
| Waiting for ROOM SERVICE! |
No comments:
Post a Comment