Sunday, May 8, 2011

Moms

Plural, sure... my mother reads this and so I hope she had the happiest of mother's days. But also the nickname the kids and I call Carey. They don't say mama, they don't say mother, they say moms. Mom, too, but often they add the s. It's very cute. I think I must have started it.

We had an eventful day. Putzed around the house in the morning, cleaned a bit, generally enjoyed our family time. Around 11 we packed into the car for a trip to Costo where Carey wanted to buy a rose bush. I thought we'd come home with 40 rose bushes, it being Costco and all, but we were able to buy just one. I think the roses will be yellow when they bloom.

On the way out of Costco waiting to merge onto what is probably the worst highway in a state paved with horrible highways, we were rear ended at a speed that seems impossible, given that we were at a standstill. Everyone's OK physically, but the back of the CRV will need to be rebuilt. Can't even open the rear door. Luckily, two police cars were across the street having pulled over a speeder so one of them simply drove across the street and filled out our report.

Spent the afternoon playing with the Haydens at a playground, enjoyed a pre-dinner Carvel treat and then planted that aforementioned rose bush and mowed the lawn. Dimmed the day with "fireman's chicken" and a Blue Moon. Kids were sound asleep by 730 and now it's time to cuddle with Reese Witherspoon, er, my lovely wife and the mother of my children, as we watch "How Do You Know?"

Greta, Emma, Charlotte and Lincoln... thick as thieves.

Happy Mother's Day, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment