Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sick Linc

Spiked another fever Tuesday night of 103.  Carey stayed home with him through a lethargic Wednesday while dealing with her own ill effects from bad Chinese food, and now I'm home for a little more energetic Thursday.  Fever of 102.2 at 9:30 this morning, but down with Motrin.  Question for anyone out there -- any difference between Children's Advil and Motrin?  Cuz we were giving him the former at first and he got a little rashy and puffy-eyed. But active ingredient in both is Ibuprofen, so I think we're just paranoid. Anyway, back to Barbie Mermaid.  Even when the poor boy can choose to watch anything he wants he picks his sister's DVD.  Sigh. Here's a shot of Fever Boy during happier times, smelling the proverbial flowers.

3 comments:

  1. As I understand it, there's no difference chemically between Children's Motrin and Children's Advil. However, most Motrin products were recalled in early April due to dosing inconsistencies. Generics are fine and so is Children's Advil, but that might be a reason to steer away from Motrin and Tylenol (which was also recalled).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger that, that's my understanding, too. So the fact that Linc had Advil for the first time and then got a rash, I think that's just coincidence. Unless it's a latent allergy... sigh. He's sleeping now and all's well. Go Celtics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the little guy's doing better! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete