Friday, June 27, 2008

Daddy's new bike

My cousin referenced it, but I don't believe I've shared this story yet. On June 7 some spineless cretin walked into my open garage and walked out with my Schwinn Voyageur bicycle. We called the cops (a neighbor saw it happen) and I authorized them to shoot to kill, but it's 20 days later and pretty clear that I won't ever see that bike again.

When it happened, Greta wanted to know when the man would return it or when the policemen would find Daddy's red bike. We told her that it was probably gone for good and emphasized the lesson that it's never OK to take something that doesn't belong to you.

I thought that was the end of it, until I came home from work Tuesday and saw this flag flying on the porch. When Greta woke up, she took my hand and walked me outside. "Daddy, we found you a new red bike!"

No comments:

Post a Comment