Add another word to Lincoln's list. This morning we watched the birds at the feeder and he yammered "uck, uck, uck, uck" while pointing. This afternoon Carey was strolling with the kids down at the local pond and he pointed again, adding the "d." Carey pressed him for confirmation -- "duck?" -- and he pointed again, nodded, and said, "duck." Of course, it all happened so fast we don't have a picture.
I'm off to D.C. on business for a few days, leaving this blog in Carey's capable hands. Back Friday for a long weekend with cousins Kate and Lauren.
Let's hope he doesn't learn to add the "f".
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine where he'd ever hear such a word!
ReplyDeleteRelated story: I'm in DC with our friends Gardner and Allison, whose son Jay shares Greta's birthday. This morning he asks Allison to write his name on a tennis ball. Spells it for her, very cute. I ask him his middle name, he says, "Leonard." I ask him his last name and he says, "Fokker." So I ask Allison if they recently watched "Meet the Parents" or something. But no -- they have no idea what he was trying to say. When I stopped laughing and asked him his last name again, he said, "Chalker."