Monday, September 11, 2006

Second breakfast

Greta usually tucks into some sort of foodstuff soon after waking... half a mini-bagel, a handful of Cheerios, a banana. That fuels her play for about an hour at home, then we drive to daycare (about 6 miles, 15 minutes) and aim to arrive before 8:30 so she can enjoy her SECOND breakfast. The plan worked perfectly today. Half a bagel and 4 oz. of milk at home, some cat and ball chasing, and daycare arrival at 8:15. Five other kids were already at the table, so I put Greta down and she dutifully walked over to the kid-sized sink and presented her hands for washing. Then she walked over to the counter where they keep the plastic bibs, grabbed a blue one, and led me to the breakfast table. The Queen's position at the end was undoubtedly kept open for her, so she climbed up and grabbed a fistful of English muffin with butter. Didn't crack a smile, of course, but at least she didn't have a tantrum. I left after blowing a kiss and I think I heard Greta say, "Whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment