Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Missing her already

I don't get on the train to New York for another hour or so, but I'm missing Greta already! She left with Mommy to daycare about 30 minutes ago. Mommy promises to blog at least once in my absence (I'll be home late Thurs. night). She shared a couple great stories last night but never has the camera with her to document them. So like a game of Telephone, I'll tell the stories and see how much they change in the re-telling.

Once again yesterday at daycare, when Carey arrived to pick her up, Greta did her super-fast toddle/walk/jog toward her, threw herself into Mommy's arms, then turned around to each of the kids still waiting for their parents and said, "BUH-BYE!" We've raised a spiteful child.

When they got home, Demon Child surfaced for a bit. At dinner time, Carey asked Greta if she wanted hamburger and Greta nodded. So Carey started to get it out of the fridge, and when Greta saw it, she got a glint in her eye, then thrust her hand into the tupperware, grabbed a fistful of ground meat, and shoved it in her mouth. She knows to wait until she's in the high chair, of course, but she loves testing us to see what's really wrong and what's just playful.

OK, I'm off. Daddy loves Greta.

1 comment: