Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Snow Day in the 518

For once, the forecasters were correct. It didn't start falling until about 10am, but we have about 9" so far and it's still coming down. They preemptively closed school before the kids woke up and we had a lovely day. Carey was all set to work from home and has been on the phone or computer most of the day, and I actually went into work for about 90 minutes before they canceled the football signing day event I was supposed to work on - then came home, made some lunch (Chef Boyaredee mini raviolis for Linc and me, ramen noodles for G), watched some TV (This Is Us, Super Bowl episode -- awww), and shoveled the driveway for 30 minutes until neighbor Willie took pity on us and snow blowed it. There's a nice North Country noun-verb -- snow blowed. Not snow blew. Blowed. Now we're inside, having consumed 8 oz. of hot chocolate (with bourbon marshmallows for me -- yum!), Linc is playing Fortnite with a school pal on the Xbox, Greta is watching Netflix (probably a cooking or real estate show), and I'm sharing this lovely burst photo I got on the iPhone as the kids slid down the clean driveway.


Linc asks that I also post this video, which shows he's ready for the Winter Olympics.


Betwixt the legs sled from Rob Merrill on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment