But that was good, because Lincoln came home complaining about foot pain and a sore shooting arm, rather than whining that he didn't want to stick with it. I was proud of him in the end. Basketball isn't an easy game if you're undersized, but as he grows he'll have a nice foundation, and hopefully a nice appreciation of the sport, to build on.
Sunday, August 13, 2017
Update...
Summer's winding down, and the family is split again. Carey and the kids are spending the week on Cape Code in this house owned by our neighbor. I'm home welcoming all the fall student athletes back to campus. We reunite next weekend at South Lake.
Last week, Lincoln attended Will Brown's Basketball Camp. For those of you not down with Great Dane Athletics, Will is the head coach of the men's team. The camp was fairly loosely structured, surprisingly, with an emphasis much more on having fun than drilling the fundamentals.
But that was good, because Lincoln came home complaining about foot pain and a sore shooting arm, rather than whining that he didn't want to stick with it. I was proud of him in the end. Basketball isn't an easy game if you're undersized, but as he grows he'll have a nice foundation, and hopefully a nice appreciation of the sport, to build on.
Meanwhile, Greta spent the week at Schenectady's Museum of Science & Industry, learning about what it will take to put humans on Mars. She made all sorts of organic stuff and was quite proud of her work in the simulator, where she correctly ran the numbers and let her crew know an asteroid was headed their way. Abort, abort, abort!
But that was good, because Lincoln came home complaining about foot pain and a sore shooting arm, rather than whining that he didn't want to stick with it. I was proud of him in the end. Basketball isn't an easy game if you're undersized, but as he grows he'll have a nice foundation, and hopefully a nice appreciation of the sport, to build on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds fun! I'm into space (mostly astrology) so I would like that camp! Also, FYI, I'm pretty sure that maxgirard.blogspot.com has two recent posts if you want to add it back to "Blogs we read that have been updated in the last month".
ReplyDelete-Carah
OK, OK ... but I'm thinking about making it "Blogs we read that have been updated with more than just a photo in the last month." And while I have you, please tell me what you see in my stars -- I'm Capricorn.
ReplyDelete